- Joanna Abeyie, Founder & DIrector, Hyden Talent
- Priscilla Baffour, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, ITN
- Nina Bhagwat, Off Screen Diversity Executive, Creative Diversity, Channel 4
- Lesley Gannon, Assistant General Secretary, Writers Guild of Great Britain (WGGB)
- Charles Lauder, CEO, Indie Club
- Pamela Hall, HR Business Partner, Sky
- Jacquie Hughes, Director, Content Policy Team, Content & Media Policy Group, Ofcom
- Cat Lewis, CEO & Executive Producer, Nine Lives Media
- Ian Manborde, Diversity Officer, Equity
- Darcia Martin, Chair, Diversity Working Group, Directors UK
- Ade Rawcliffe, Head of Diversity, ITV
- Jon Wardle, Director, National Film and Television School
- Miranda Wayland, Diversity Lead, BBC Studios
- Deborah Williams, Executive Director, Creative Diversity Network
Our third annual diversity in tv forum will bring together key stakeholders from across the sector to discuss next steps for supporting and promoting diversity both in front of, and behind, the camera.
Equality and diversity on-screen:
Delegates will examine diversity in on-screen talent, considering gender, race, religion, disability, class and sexual orientation. How to increase the acting talent pool, the impact of Government regulated quotas, how to influence the decision makers who control who we see on screen and how to overcome on-screen tokenism and stereotyping.
Barriers to Entry – education, recruitment and promoting a diverse talent pool:
Attendees will examine options for overcoming barriers to entry and promoting careers in the tv industry to individuals from diverse backgrounds. Discussion will focus on outreach and placement projects for college and university students, the effectiveness and transparency of current recruitment practices and options for further regional diversity, following the success of Media City and proposals to relocate Channel 4.
Career Progression and Retention – opportunities for progression and creating a culture of inclusivity:
Discussion will focus on the representation of minorities in senior management positions within the sector, how to accelerate the rise of executives from diverse backgrounds and next steps for improving career progression and retention for individuals from diverse backgrounds.