- Lord Gilbert of Panteg Chair, Communications Select Committee
- Stephen Woodford, Chief Executive, Advertising Association
- Christopher Combemale, Group CEO, DMA Group
- Vanessa Clifford, Chief Executive, Newsworks
- Kate Burnett, Managing Director, DMA Talent
- Sarah Jenkins, Chief Marketing Officer, Grey London
- Patrick Mills, Director of Membership & Professional Development, IPA
- Professor Agnes Nairn, Chair of Marketing, University of Bristol
- Max Beverton-Palmer, Head of Digital Policy, Policy and Public Affairs, Sky UK
- Douglas West, Professor of Marketing, King’s Business School
- Marcus Knight, Paid Media Director, Prospect Knight
- Phil Smith, Director-General, ISBA
- Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy
- Nicky Unsworth, CEO, BJL
The UK has been a global leader in the Advertising Industry since the end of the last century. But like many businesses it's now facing disruption from technology, political and economic uncertainty, consumer mistrust and skills shortages
. We will be focusing on how agencies, brands and media as a united force
can support growth and identify the united advertising industry’s joint priorities.
Attendees will assess the opportunities for growth in the advertising sector
, including how the UK can maintain its appeal to international advertising buyers and reach out to new markets post-Brexit
. Discussion will also focus on the importance of creative clusters, support for SME’s and start-ups
and priorities for Government support.
Attendees will analyse the impact of Brexit on access to talent and options for highlighting career opportunities
in advertising; examine the emerging skills requirements
across the industry and options for countering common misconceptions about working in the advertising industry.
A Keynote Presentation from the Advertising Association
will introduce the complexities of maintaining the high values of UK advertising through regulatory interventions and responsible advertising to improve consumer trust
. Time will then be allocated to ensuring integrity, accountability and trust in digital advertising
including improving transparency, the challenges and opportunities of delivering accurate metrics and how organisations can ensure brand protection and integrity. Delegates will also discuss to what extent ad-blocking is a threat or an opportunity for rethinking approaches to advertising, and the impact of GDPR on the sector and targeted advertising.