Handling and managing research data has never been easy, but in the wake of GDPR and Brexit the process has become even more complex.
With key-note addresses from the ICO and leading University Researchers, delegates will explore the importance of legal compliance to recent policy changes, as well as hearing from experts and sharing best practice in the field of RDM.
We will unpack the ambiguities around GDPR compliance, review the importance of Open Data, and shine a spotlight on health data, the UK Data Protection Act, and a look ahead to the data requirements for REF submissions.
Our confirmed speakers so far:
- Victoria Centinkaya, Senior Policy Officer, ICO
- Professor Pamela Thomas, Pro Vice Chancellor (Research) and Professor of Physics, University of Warwick
- Dr. Jonathan Tedds, Honorary Fellow, University of Leicester and ELIXIR Europe Compute Platform Coordinator (Cambridge)
- Tamsin Burland, Senior co-design Manager, Jisc
- Geraldine Swanton, Legal Director, Shakespeare Martineau
- Andrew Hartshorn, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau
- Dr Simon Kerridge, Director of Research Services, University of Kent
- Mobeen Shah, University Lecturer, Nottingham Trent University
- Dr. Simisola Akintoye, Lecturer in Law, De Montfort Law School
Who should attend?
- The Higher Education Sector
- University research teams
- Academic researchers
- Library Services
- Research Institutes
- Data Analysts
- Data Managers
- Data Coordinators
- Heads of Business Intelligence
- Project Managers
- Research Managers
- HE charities and organisations