Confirmed Speakers so far:
“We still need to strive for greater workforce well-being within the NHS, which will consequently have a positive impact on patient care”
Danny Mortimer, Chief Executive, NHS Employers
- (Chair) Angela McNab, Chief Executive, Camden and Islington NHS Trust
- (Keynote) Paul Devoy, Chief Executive, Investors in People
- Fionuala Bonnar, COO, Mental Health First Aid & Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Dr Esther Cohen-Tovee, Director of AHPs & Psychological Services Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS FT
- Dr. Zarina Anwar, Consultant Psychiatrist, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Dr. Leanne Hayward, Consultant Psychiatrist, Avon & Wiltshire NHS Trust
- Policy department representative, Royal College of Nursing
- Dr. Beverley Flint , Clinical Psychologist, Camden and Islington NHS Trust
- Rory Corbett, Senior Research Associate, Picker & NHS Staff Survey lead
- Emma Dillon, Senior Lecturer, BSc Mental Health Nursing, University of Northampton & MHFA Instructor
- Juney Muhammad ,Community Development Services Manager, South London and Mauldsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Paul McGovern, Occupational Medicine Doctor, Medigold Health
- Dr Roger Pullin, Head of Environment and Health, Chemical Industries Association (CIA)
Without healthy staff, the NHS would not be able to deliver high quality care to its patients. The nations biggest employer is coming up with new ways of improving staff well-being with the launch of the healthy workforce framework, which details the interventions that management can make to improve mental well-being. In the last NHS Staff survey
, 38% of staff reported feeling unwell due to work related stress in the last 12 months. 68% said their immediate manager takes an interest in their health & well-being.
Our full-day conference will explore the ways in which NHS Trust senior officials, HR teams, Nurses, Governors and Workforce engagement teams can hear from a range of experienced professionals and share best practice on successful well-being initiatives. Delegates will hear from speakers such as the CEO of Investors in People, Paul Devoy, as well as representatives from NHS Trusts, the Royal College of Nursing, Mental Health First Aid and the NHS Staff Survey team, to name a few.
This event follows on from our previous successful events on Mental Health in the Workplace
, but will focus on the unique experiences of NHS Staff.