- (Keynote) Sir Andrew Carter OBE, CEO, South Farnham School Educational Trust
- Simon Oxenham, National Lead on School Finance and Efficiency, ISBL and Director of Resources, Southend High School for Boys
- Jules White, Headteacher, Tanbridge House School and Founder of the WorthLess? Campaign
- Dr David Palmer, Director of Finance and Resources, Wycombe High School Academies Trust
- Philippa Ollerhead, Education Services Director, Judicium Education
- Jim Roberts, Headteacher, Hove Park School
- Emma Flawn, Headteacher, Camps Hill Primary School and Joint CEO, The Claxton Trust
- Ron Skelton, Headteacher, Broadway Academy
- Matthew Smith, School Business Manager, Sheringham Woodfields School
Total school spending per pupil in England between 2009-10 and 2017-18 fell by about 8% in real terms according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies. Driven by a combination of a greater fall in spending by local authorities and school sixth form spending per pupil, alongside faster growth in pupil numbers, school spending is likely to suffer real terms cuts this year and next despite Department for Education pledges to protect funding.
Despite the introduction of the National Funding Formula to iron out budget inequities between schools in different areas, some schools are also finding themselves worse off.
With the rise in teacher pay together with additional pension and national insurance contributions, the impact of schools' costs look set to rise faster than general inflation. And with school reserves falling at quite an alarming rate with many schools’ expenditure exceeding their in-year income, school funding is in crisis with large numbers of schools having to restructure to balance budgets.
Targeting all headteachers, deputy heads and school business professionals, Westminster Insight's School Funding conference will address the challenges schools face in meeting rising costs with a real terms fall in education funding.
Featuring a stellar cast of headteachers and school business professionals, plus four real-life school case studies from primary, secondary and special schools, this one-day event will provide much-needed guidance and support for those having to make tough decisions to balance budgets in schools.