CONFIRMED SPEAKERS SO FAR:
- (Key-note) Catriona Firth, Head of REF Policy, REF2021 Team
- (Key-note) Steven Hill, Director of Research, Research England
- Professor Pam A. Thomas , Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, University of Warwick
- Professor Mike Weed, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise), Canterbury Christ Church University
- Professor Jane Pavitt, Head of Impact, Directorate of Research, Business & innovation, Kingston University London
- Professor Karl Dayson , Dean of Research, University of Salford
- Dr Stephen Conway , Director of Research Services, University of Oxford
- Dr Simon Kerridge , Director of Research Services, University of Kent
- Dr Tim Horne, Director of Research, Staffordshire University
- Dr Antony Weir, Deputy Director, RES - Research & Enterprise Services, Heriot-Watt University
- Dr Rosa Scoble, Director of Planning, Brunel University London
- Dr Karl M. Smith , Research Impact Manager and REF Coordinator, London South Bank University
Academics are exposed to more performance management than ever before. The Research Excellence Framework underpins the quality of research in UK Higher Education Institutions, by measuring outputs, impact and research environments.
Following the REF2021 submissions consultation in 2018, and the publishing of the submissions guidelines in January 2019, our timely conference will allow research leaders from across the country to get the best possible start to the REF2021 process.
With a key-note address from the Head of REF Policy at the REF2021 team, delegates will be able to hear directly from the REF2021 Team. Delegates will also hear from a range of senior researchers to share best practice in an open and neutral setting.
Our event will be split into the 3 main elements of assessment:
- The quality of outputs (e.g. publications, performances, and exhibitions)
- Their impact beyond academia
- The environment that supports research