We all welcome the shift in Ofsted emphasis towards a bolder curriculum but …
· What steps can we take to design a ‘bold and ambitious curriculum’ that gives every child ‘a full, deep,
called for by the Head of Ofsted?
· How do we evaluate, revitalise and innovate our curriculum?
· How can we ensure every child flourishes while achieving high standards?
· What does a creative, connected memorable curriculum look like ?
· How can we halt the ‘pixlification’ of education lamented by Amanda Spielman and join up teaching and
· How can we lead curriculum transformation in our school with the team that we have?
Why is this course relevant or important?
· The Ofsted framework is changing for 2019. Schools will be inspected for the quality of their education, the ‘distinctiveness’ of their curriculum and whether they are properly preparing young people to succeed in modern Britain.
· There will be a ‘greater interest in why and what schools are teaching, along with outcomes.’
· This course will equip Heads and SLT to evaluate their current curriculum and see fresh approaches to school improvement centred on an inspiring, broad, first-class curriculum.
You will take away from this course:
· A deeper understanding of what needs to be taught to ensure children are able to succeed in modern Britain.
· Current knowledge of character education and how to weave the teaching of moral values into the curriculum.
· Examples of long term maps and medium term planning approaches designed to be bold and ambitious and unforgettable
· First hand accounts of curriculum innovation and design loved by Ofsted!
· Inspirational effective ideas to take back to school.