- (Chair) Jules Daulby, Writer, Researcher and Inclusion Specialist, Advisor to the Department for Education (DfE)
- Sarah Dove, President, PRUsAP
- Bobbie Kelly, Head of CE Academy (Ofsted Outstanding)
- Wendy Smith, Teacher in Charge, The Buckinghamshire Primary Pupil Referral Unit - Woodlands PRU (Ofsted Outstanding)
- David Bishop, Head of Service: Alternative Provision, Attendance and Independent Schools, Birmingham City Council
- Elspeth Bunker, Special Needs Officer, SEN Consultant & School Improvement Executive, West Sussex County Council
- Julian Scholefield, Chief Executive Officer, Esteem Multi-Academy Trust
- Ron St Louis, Inclusion Specialist, Advisory Board, Arco Academy
- Dr Tony Lloyd, CEO, ADHD Foundation
- Matthew Dodd, Principal Officer, National Children’s Bureau and the Council for Disabled Children
- Dean Johnstone, CEO, Minds Ahead
- James Fornara, Principal, WAC Arts College
The number of children permanently excluded from state primary, secondary and special schools in England increased by about 1,000 between 2016 and 2017*.
Last year, the DfE set out a ‘roadmap’ for transforming Alternative Provision
and are currently undertaking a review into School Exclusions
. Questions around how to assess and maximise the short and long-term value of alternative provision need to be set within this context.
Westminster Insight’s Annual Conference on Alternative Provision: Sharing Best Practice and Improving Outcomes
, will bring together leading voices in the world of AP together to share best practice, discuss new policy developments, and establish partnerships.
Setting the tone as our Keynote and Chair for the day is Jules Daulby; writer, researcher and Inclusion specialist
. You will also hear from a range of Headteachers, Ofsted Inspectors and Local Authority representatives from AP and mainstream settings.
Our conference will allow delegates from a variety of backgrounds; including Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Academies, PRU’s, Hospital Schools, Local Authorities and more, to consult on and discuss the best ways to overcome the challenges that AP faces. You will explore these issues in an unbiased and open forum, collaborating and sharing best practice with others.