- (Chair) Guy Smith, Deputy President, NFU
- (Keynote) Keith Davis , Director, EU Exit and Defra, FCO and DFID value for money, National Audit Office (NAO)
- Charles Smith, Chief Executive, The Farming Community Network
- Jonathan Hall, Director of Policy, NFU Scotland
- Liz Bowles, Associate Director Farming and Land Use, Soil Association
- Rob Cooke, Director, Natural England
- Belinda Gordon, Strategy Director, Green Alliance
- Dr Alastair Leake, Director, Allerton Project, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Phil Bicknell Market Intelligence Director, AHDB
- Andrew Swift, CEO, Fera Science Ltd.
- Emily Norton, Head of Research for the Rural, Energy and Projects Division, Savills
- Dr Jess Davies, Senior Lecturer in Sustainability, Lancaster University
- Dr Ludivine Petetin , Lecturer in Law, Cardiff University
- John Martin, Conservation Team Leader, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), Northern Ireland
Future of Farming conference will explore the challenges facing the sector including the Agriculture Bill, as well as innovative approaches to enable a more progressive, profitable and sustainable environment
for British farmers.
Explore innovative practice methods
and technological developments
that can improve farmer’s yields and help improve productivity. With farmer’s livelihoods susceptible to changing environmental conditions, hear how direct payments and financial incentives can protect farmers income.
Experts from the sector will discuss the sustainability of current methods and progress towards a more sustainable system for farmers. We will review the trend towards organic, ethically sourced and plant-based products, and the impacts on farmer’s production plans.
Hear from the Farming Community Network
on their work to de-stigmatise mental health
in the farming community and providing support to combat stress, loneliness and enhance mental wellbeing.