Westminster Insight's Equality for Women in Sport Conference
brings together key decision makers and leading sports practitioners
to discuss inclusion, support and the potential for womens sport.
- (Chair) Dr Barbara Walsh, Director Sport Studies, Leisure and Nutrition, Liverpool John Moores University
- Anna Kessel MBE, Women’s Sport’s Editor, The Telegraph, and Co-founder, Women in Football
- Joanna Adams, CEO, England Netball
- Kate Nicholson, Head of Insight and Innovation, Women in Sport
- Stuart Fuller, Chairman, Lewes FC
- Lorraine Denman, Founder, The Ellie Soutter Foundation
- Owen Burgess, Senior Officer, Sport Wales
- Ama Agbeze, CWGs Winning Captain, Former England Netball Player
- Jane Purdon, CEO, Women in Football
- Vivienne Aiyela, Non-Executive Director, London Football Association
- Katy Bowman, Senior Sponsorship Partnerships Manager, Barclays
- Nick Read, Managing Director of the Vitality Programme, Vitality
- Melanie Timberlake, Head of Coach Development, Ikkaido *Winner of Disability Coach of the Year at the 2018 UK Coaching Awards*
- Shaheen Bi, Director of Projects, Sporting Equals
- Vince Mayne, CEO, BUCs
- Beth Jones, Lecturer in Psychology, Nottingham Trent University
Our Keynote Anna Kessel MBE
will be updating you on The Telegraph’s ‘Girl, Inspired Campaign’
by discussing increasing online coverage to raise the profile of girls and women in sport.. She will also evaluate the successful strategies that have driven female participation and closed the gender sports gap in schools.
You will also hear from Stuart Fuller, Chairman, Lewes FC
on their pioneering Equality FC programme
that has delivered pay parity for male and female players
, the first professional or semi professional club to achieve this milestone.
Listen to insightful strategies of how women in sport are striving for equal prize money
, breaking down barriers, elevating more women to board level
, and empowering women
to fight for their promotion. We will also explore the crucial challenge of measuring diversity and inclusion
, and encouraging BME Women to apply for leadership positions.
Join successful women from across the sporting world, and leave this conference feeling motivated, inspired and empowered
. You will take away actionable and practical insights that will enable you to drive the agenda for change.