Expert speakers include:
- (Chair) Professor Matthew Woollard, Director, UK Data Archive
- Dr Scott Summers, Lecturer in Business Law, University of East Anglia
- Geraldine Swanton, Legal Director, Shakespeare Martineau
- Andrew Hartshorn, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau
- Helen Kardinaal de-Mooij, RIMS & RDM specialist, Elsevier
- Tamsin Burland, Senior co-designer, Jisc
- Dr Simisola Akintoye, Lecturer in Law, De Montfort Law School
- Robin Rice, Data Librarian and Head, Research Data Support, University of Edinburgh
With the drive towards more publicly available data, research data managers must ensure that their data is ethical, legal and secure in order to achieve research funding and comply with RDM policy frameworks.
Gain clarity in a post-GDPR and BREXIT imminent environment as Westminster insight's Half Day Research Data Management Forum will explore the RDM landscape, offering practical strategies and best practice case studies.
Chaired by Matthew Woollard, Director of the UK Data Archive and member of UKRI’s Infrastructure Expert group, you will hear from one of the leading voices in data curation, archiving and preservation activities. You will also hear from legal experts, Jisc and leading researchers with strong RDM portfolios.
We will be covering the most pertinent issues challenging the sector at this time. You will hear about the importance of effective data infrastructure, how to safely store and secure data, and how to navigate through GDPR compliance.