- Keynote: Stuart Roberts, NFU, Vice President
- Heather Shepherd MBE, Flood Recovery & Community Support Specialist, National Flood Forum
- Professor John Moverley OBE, Chairman of the Amenity Forum & Chairman of the West Midlands Forestry & Woodlands Advisory Committee
- Mary Dhonau OBE, Chief Executive, Know Your Flood Risk
- Leonie Cooper, Deputy Chair of the Environment Committee & Fire, Resilience & Emergency Planning Committee, London Assembly
- Steve Wragg, Flood Risk Manager, York City Council
- Bronwyn Buntine, Chair, Association of SuDS Authorities & Surface Drainage Team Leader, Kent County Council
- David Mitchell, Senior Manager, Somerset Rivers Authority
- Dr. Monica Rivas Casado, Environment Programme Director, Cranfield University
- Joshua Wells, Project Manager, Trent Rivers Trust & Lecturer, Nottingham Trent University
2019 has been a challenging year for flood resilience teams. From Yorkshire to Cornwall, the UK has experienced major flooding of towns, travel disruptions and large scale evacuations. Recent reports of flooding incidents across the UK highlight the damaging effect floods have on communities and homes.
Westminster Insight’s timely forum on Developing the UK’s Flood Resilience
will bring together leading voices from the flood risk management sector, welcoming Heather Shepherd MBE,
from the National Flooding Forum, Mary Dhonau OBE
from Know your Flood Risk
and Stuart Roberts, NFU Vice President,
who will be focusing on the 2019 consultation on the National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy.
The forum will explore the policy landscape surrounding flooding by analysing recent government legislation.
There will also be a focus on the role of local authorities, and you will learn about effective community engagement strategies, multi-agency collaborations and technological developments in the field.