- (Keynote) Chris Grant, Independent Board Member, Sports England
- Vivienne Aiyela, Non-Executive Director of Football, The London Football Association
- Saima Hussain, Rugby Player and Sport Development Officer, Bradford (First Asian Female Rugby League Player)
- Sabiha Majeed, Chair, Muslim Women’s Sport Foundation (MWSF)
- Tajean Hutton, Grassroot Manager, Kick It Out
- Wendy Sloane, Course Leader Journalism, London Metropolitan University
- Dr Leanne Norman, Reader, Leeds Beckett University
- Dr Marlon Moncreiffe, Senior Lecturer, University of Brighton (Creator of Made in Britain)
Reports of discrimination in both professional and grassroot football have risen by 32% in the 2018/19 season. Afro-Caribbean children are more physically literate than any other ethnic group yet are the least active demographic. In 2018 there was only 1 black writer across 63 roles at the FIFA World Cup. Attend this event to learn how to combat discrimination,
enable greater access to sports and increase BAME representation in sports media, coaching and leadership.
Westminster Insight’s Race and Cultural Diversity in Sport Half-day Forum
will feature contributions from national sporting bodies and grassroot organisations discussing how to take action to increase diversity and eliminate race and faith-based discrimination.
Hear from leading sport researchers on how to effectively break the cycle of underrepresentation of visible ethnic minorities in coaching.
Network with industry experts and change agents to discuss how leaders in sports can meaningfully invest in diversity
by reviewing recruitment strategies, setting ambitious diversity targets
and proactively engaging marginalised communities.
Our Breaking Down Barriers
session will showcase inspiring sporting role models, sporting pioneers and pathfinders from across the UK, who continue to counter cultural stereotypes, shift perception
and raise the aspirations of underrepresented communities
in all areas of sport.