- (Chair) Nelarine Cornelius, Co-Vice Chair (Research and Publications), British Academy of Management
- (Keynote) Sandra Kerr CBE, Race Equality Director, Business in the Community (BITC)
- Allison Francis, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Home Office
- Paulette Mastin, Chair, Black Solicitors Network
- Bernadette Thompson, Co-Chair of Race to the Top G6/7 Network, Civil Service
- Anita Bhalla, Co-Chair of Race to the Top – G6/7 Network, Civil Service
- Jeremy Crook, Chief Executive Officer, Black Training & Enterprise Group (BTEG)
- Herman Trepesch, Diversity and Inclusion Manager & Past-Chair, O2 Telefonica & Surrey Police Association for Culture and Ethnicity (SPACE)
- Isa Mutlib, Executive Director, BAME Apprenticeship Alliance
- Tevin Tobun, Chief Executive Officer, Gate Ventures Group *Top 100 2019 Empower List*
Around 14% of the UK working age population come from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. Experts estimate, that by 2030 this proportion will be closer to 20%. Diversity is good for culture, for performance, and for business too.
So, why is there a distinct lack of BAME representation in senior leadership positions across the UK?
Organisations which treat ethnic diversity like the business priority that it is, achieve success through representative, transformational and engaged leadership.
Westminster Insight’s timely Achieving Racial Equality in Leadership Forum
will feature contributions from trailblazing private, public and third sector organisations on how to take practical action to champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
Hear from public and private sector-leading organisations on how to develop effective recruitment and organisational development strategies
to drive BAME representation in leadership with limited resources.
Network with industry experts who will discuss how to best source and support young BAME talent
to cultivate and inspire the next generation of leaders.
Our Breaking Down Barriers
panel will spotlight the lived experiences of established and aspiring BAME leaders
renowned for championing the ethnic diversity agenda, combating cultural stereotypes and achieving success in underrepresented spaces.
Attend this event to learn how to achieve diversity in middle management
to strengthen the diversity of talent pipelines
for board-level roles and develop dynamic leadership teams. Join us in exploring the central role of senior leaders visibly sponsoring BAME talent
to support emerging leaders and their professional development.