Expert speakers include:
- (Chair) Baroness Hamwee, Lead Home Affairs Spokesperson, House of Lords
- Nicole Jacobs, Domestic Abuse Commissioner
- Gudrun Burnet, Group Lead on Domestic Abuse, Peabody
- Lucy Hadley, Campaigns & Public Affairs Manager, Women’s Aid
- Rob Ewin, Detective Sergeant, North Crime & Safeguarding Hub, Durranhill Police Station
- Helen Davies, Head of Thematic and Joint Inspection, Assistant Chief Inspector, HMI Probation
- Nicola Sharp-Jeffs, Director, Surviving Domestic Abuse
- Kate Johal, Senior Policy Advisor, Action for Children
- Professor Elizabeth Bates, Senior Lecturer of Psychology, University of Cumbria
- Linda Salt, Head of safeguarding at the Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- Steve Slack, Chief Executive Officer, Say It
- Luke Hart, Author & Activist, Coco Awareness
- Rosa Heimer, Policy Co-ordinator, Latin American Women’s Aid
Westminster Insight’s Forum provides an essential update on the latest legislation and regulation provide better protection to victims and bring more perpetrators to justice.
We will explore adopting policies and strategies to help support victims into social housing
and ensuring economic abuse does not encourage victims to stay with an abusive partner.
We will discuss how improved recordings and strategies will help prevent future cases of domestic abuse, key changes to the court and protection orders,
and how to create sustainable models to support those from minority communities into accessing support from available services.
You will learn new approaches to using early intervention strategies to break the cycle and de-normalise domestic abuse for children and young people,
and Luke Hart will be giving you personal insight into improvements that could be made by public organisations such as schools and doctors, in seeing the signs and bringing suspected cases further.
The event will bring those together from housing, social, or family settings,
to improve consistency and better performance in the response to domestic abuse through an effective multi-agency approach.