- Sara Khan, Commissioner, Commission for Countering Extremism
- Naveed Malik, Deputy Chief Constable, National Police Chief’s Council
- Dr Keith Spiller, Lecturer in Criminology, Birmingham City University
- Sajda Mughal OBE, Campaigner and Countering Extremism Champion
- Mustafa Field, Director, Faiths Forum for London
- Professor Jane Reeves, Co-Director of the Centre for Child Protection, University of Kent
- Rebecca Skellett, Head of Strong Cities Network, ISD
- Ivan Humble Ex-EDL Regional Organiser & Trainer, Me and You Education
The recent report, Challenging Hateful Extremism,
led by Sara Khan, Commissioner for Countering Extremism, states that more needs to be done to tackle ‘hateful extremism’
and the current approach is leaving most victims unrecognised and unsupported.
Westminster Insight’s Tackling Extremism Conference
will explore the Countering Extremism Unit’s findings and recommendations, discuss ways to empower people to speak out against extremism, and debate solutions through a multi-agency approach.
You will learn how to challenge radicalisation
from grassroots, strengthen minority and marginalised communities, and ways in which those on the frontline can be better supported.
We will discuss the role social media
can play in influencing radical behaviours and consider how we can create a clear definition of extremism online.
A multi-agency approach is essential to tackle extremism and ensure better protection for victims.
Join your peers from across central government, police, schools, councils, and other front-line services as we discuss strategies for a safer society