One in 11* NHS staff leave the NHS entirely every single year.
- Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, Chair, Heart of England NHS Foundation & Treasurer, All Party Parliamentary Health Group
- Caroline Chipperfield, Director Leadership Development and Delivery ,NHS Leadership Academy
- Caroline Williams, Greater Manchester Nurse Initiative Project lead, Greater Manchester Health NHS Partnership
- Norma French, Director of Workforce, Whittington Hospitals NHS Trust
- Stuart Palma, Head of Allied Health Professionals (Professional Leadership), NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Stephanie Strachan, Critical Care Consultant & Senior Lecturer, Kings Health Partnership
- Linda Garbutt, Lead – Nursing Return to Practice Programme, Manchester Metropolitan University
With growing demand and pressure on the NHS, retaining and recruiting staff to overcome the ongoing shortage is crucial to build a committed future workforce.
Westminster Insight’s half-day briefing will explore how the ‘Interim People Plan’,
a kinder culture and developing healthier work-life balances
can help the NHS become an attractive career choice. Learning from best practice,
you will hear from NHS trusts using a combination of technology, investment and upskilling
to help meet demand.
will share actionable strategies to retain staff including increasing job satisfaction, building trust and offering continued professional development.
Explore how to implement return-to-practice schemes
to create safe, supported
routes, engaging returning professionals to the NHS.
Learn how to offer increased flexibility, collaborate across trusts to share resources and modernise management
to strengthen relationships
with employees and reduce staff turnover.
You will explore the potential impact of Brexit on overseas recruitment
and how widening the net for recruiting NHS staff could make enhance the NHS workforce.
Understand how to develop rewards and benefits schemes
to help show employee appreciation and boost retention
across the NHS.
Join NHS Improvement, NHS trusts and Health Education England
to hear how you can develop a resilient, engaged and healthy workforce.
(*Interim People Plan, 2019)