Westminster Insight’s Civil Service Diversity & Inclusion Digital Conference
- Bernadette Thompson, Deputy Director Inclusion, Wellbeing and Employee Engagement, MHCLG & Race to the Top G6/7 Network
- Bernadette Kelly, Permanent Secretary & Civil Service Social Mobility Champion, Department for Transport
- Jason Ghaboos, Deputy Director for Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, Civil Service HR/Cabinet Office
- Ben Merrick, Director of Overseas Territories & Civil Service Disability Champion, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Jaspal Roopra, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Management and Strategic Workforce Planning, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Tanya Robinson OBE, Programme Director, HM Prison and Probation Service
- Astrid Crowley, Vice Chair, Civil Service LGBT+ Network
- Jean King, Deputy Director & Co-Chair, DHSC & Equality Matters Network
- Justin Placide, Assistant Director for Business, Investment and Growth & Co-Chair, BEIS & CSRF & FAME Network
- Sharon Lo, Head of Long-Term International Climate Strategy & Co-Chair, BEIS & Civil Service Race Forum (CSRF) & FAME Network
- Amauche Anurukem, Chair of The Network & The Voice of Race Equality, Home Office
- Ella Graham Goodman, Transition Task Force Strategy Adviser & Co-Founder, Cabinet Office & Ethnic Minority Women’s Forum
will showcase best practice, facilitate open and interactive discussions on barriers faced within the civil service and provide solutions to ensure lasting progress on diversity and inclusion.
You will explore how to establish and achieve bold diversity targets
, utilising data to identify barriers, drive diverse representation
in the workforce and evidence progress made. Learn how to convert data into action
, drive effective, tangible organisational change and secure staff disclosure.
Hear from two cross-government
panels exploring the employee lifecycle through the lens of diversity and inclusion.
The first panel will review how to attract diverse talent using data to identify onboarding barriers and inclusive recruitment practices to mitigate recruitment bias
. The second panel will feature speakers including Amauche Anurukem
, Chair of The Network & Voice of Race Equality, who will explore how to manage talent, support career progression
and enable staff to realise their potential regardless of background or potential barriers.
Lastly, you will explore the challenges and opportunities hybrid-working
brings and its potential impact on cultures of belonging
throughout the civil service. Speakers will also share how to quantify workplace culture
, identify biases and visualise the disparities in employee experience through the use of data to inform long-term change