‘The best authorities... put public concerns right at the heart of their corporate governance ...to ensure the voice of the citizen is firmly embedded in their risk management and accountability systems.’
- Chaired by Stuart Purcell, Corporate Complaint Manager and Chair, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council and National Complaint Managers Group
- Robbie Watson-Levey, Compliance and Complaints Manager, Essex County Council
- Shay Noreen, Complaints Manager, Lincolnshire County Council
- Louise Church, Customer Relations Lead, Warwickshire County Council
- Anitha Pillai, Customer Resolution and Insight Manager, London Borough of Redbridge
- Helen Wyatt, Strategic Customer Relations Manager, Devon County Council, Chair of the South West Complaint Managers Group and Vice-Chair of the National Complaint Managers Group
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Guidance on Effective Complaint Handling for Local Authorities
With COVID-19 causing disruption to local services, it is more important than ever to utilise complaints as a mechanism to retain public trust, rectify systemic issues and drive service learning and improvement
Westminster Insight’s timely Complaint Handling for Local Authorities Digital Conference
will showcase how councils across the UK are responding to an increasing number of complaints.
Learn how to establish standardised governance and accountability systems
to ensure senior officers are held responsible for driving a culture of learning.
Join us to hear from councils who are placing learning and improvement at the centre of the complaint handling process
Our practical panel of experienced complaint managers from Lincolnshire, Warwickshire and Essex County Councils will showcase how their organisations handle unreasonable and repeat complaints
. Learn how to establish clear guidance and training for complaint handlers, deliver appropriate resolutions for vexatious complainants and safeguard staff from abuse
We will be joined by Helen Wyatt, Vice Chair of National Complaint Managers Group who will share examples of challenges and learning generated from fielding statutory complaints
at Devon County Council. She will also showcase best practice in meeting the time limits of statutory complaints and achieving early and appropriate resolutions where possible.
This practical, half-day event will be broadcast live via an interactive digital platform.